Δευτέρα 5 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

DRAGON BOAT

Dragon boat is a wooden speed boat model made in Japan at late 50's.  Japan's  economy was trying to recover from WWII  and toy companies (like Ito) used Japanese households to assemble their products  like this one. My grandfather who was a sailor gave  it as a present to his son (my late uncle) and my first thought was to use it to tow the depth sounder platform in order to accomplish some lake topography and bathymetry missions. Later I discovered (the hard way ) that these thoughts were disastrous for the boat model and potentially dangerous for me.
The Dragon that gave the name to this model was once painted on both sides of the boat. Unfortunately it was so worn-out that I had to wipe it out completely.
Anyway,  I made an ESC with a picaxe and two mosfets and I used a standard servo for steering. The 35MHZ receiver antenna is visible on the following images




Here is a rather shaky  video. I'm sorry for this  but it 's quite difficult to take video and pilot  the model simultaneously.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου